Escondido's thriving museums and arts community collaborate together within this informal group with the purpose of growing and developing the businesses of its participants by promoting Escondido’s vibrant Arts, Heritage and Educational Culture.
MAGEC's next event is ART IN THE GARDEN at the Grand Ave Festival street fair on Sunday, May 19, 2019 from 9am to 5pm. Come to Heritage Garden at the east end of the festival for an art show of many talented local artists, kids activities, music, and yummy festival food!
CLICK HERE for more info on Art in the Garden.
Cultural and Heritage Tourism is an important part of our local economy, our community’s quality of life and our visitors' experience. This is a group of businesses and nonprofits, that are open to the public, and comprised of art galleries, studios, museums, theaters, educational venues and arts oriented businesses who are dedicated to actively promoting cultural and heritage tourism, network, create co-op programs, and collaborate to build their businesses and in turn enhance the quality of life for those visiting, working, and living in Escondido.
- One of MAGEC's first priorities was to revitalize and expand the long-standing tradition of a 2nd Saturday Arts & Culture Experiences, which now offers activities all day at venues all around Escondido. This program includes 17 arts and cultural venues with a wide variety of experiences such as new gallery exhibit receptions, interactive kids arts activities,exciting and educational museums, live theatre and public art.
- MAGEC in the Park festival happens in conjunction with Patio Playhouse's summer season preview in June at the Kit Carson Park Amphitheater. This fantastic community event included an art sculpting competition amongst five youth teams, interactive activities for all ages, educational information, a picnic area, raffle, refreshments, face painting, photo booth, and the live theatre preview shows from Patio Playhouse.
- The first ever Art in the Garden event happened this year at the Grand Ave Festival street faire on October 21, 2018 in historic downtown Escondido. One of the top goals of MAGEC was to create a local art show and the Grand Ave Festival provides the perfect opportunity to do that! Art in the Garden is an art show with many talented local artists located in Heritage Garden at the corner of Grand Ave and Juniper St. This show showcases artists with diverse mediums in a beautiful setting in the midst of a fun festival. You can meet the artists, enjoy live music and shopping. There is also lots of kids arts activities sponsored by the Escondido Arts Partnership and cool interactive booths with the Roynon Museum, EcoVivarium, the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum and other great experiences!
For more information about MAGEC, email MAGECesco@gmail.com
- Art Tradition Gallery
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Distinction Gallery / ArtHatch
- EcoVivarium Living Museum
- Escondido Art Association - Artists' Gallery
- Escondido Arts Partnership Municipal Gallery
- Escondido History Center & Museum
- Escondido Public Library
- Escondido Historic Walking Tours
- Modern Maker Market
- Patio Playhouse Community & Youth Theatre
- Queen Califia's Magical Circle
- Roynon Museum of Earth Science and Paleontology
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
- Spiritivity Paint & Sip Studio
- Stone & Glass Studio & Gallery
- The Photographer's Eye: A Creative Collective
- Art 120 Grand
- A Ship in the Woods
- Gemstone Gallery
- Joe's Glass Shack Art Glass Studio
- Public Art Commission
- Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead
For more information about Escondido's thriving arts and museums, whether it's a 2nd Saturday or not...
go to 2nd Saturday Arts & Culture Experiences!