Escondido's thriving museums and arts community collaborate together within this informal group with the purpose of growing and developing the businesses of its participants by promoting Escondido’s vibrant Arts, Heritage and Educational Culture.
Join the artsy fun at MAGEC's upcoming events...
ART IN THE GARDEN at the Grand Ave Festival street fair on Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 9am to 5pm. Come to Heritage Garden at the east end of the festival for an art show of many talented local artists, kids activities, music, and yummy festival food!
CLICK HERE for more info on Art in the Garden.
Cultural and Heritage Tourism is an important part of our local economy, our community’s quality of life and our visitors' experience. This is a group of businesses and nonprofits, that are open to the public, and comprised of art galleries, studios, museums, theaters, educational venues and arts oriented businesses who are dedicated to actively promoting cultural and heritage tourism, network, create co-op programs, and collaborate to build their businesses and in turn enhance the quality of life for those visiting, working, and living in Escondido.
- One of MAGEC's first priorities was to revitalize and expand the long-standing tradition of a 2nd Saturday Arts & Culture Experiences, which now offers activities all day at venues all around Escondido. This program includes 17 arts and cultural venues with a wide variety of experiences such as new gallery exhibit receptions, interactive kids arts activities,exciting and educational museums, live theatre and public art.
- MAGEC in the Park festival happens in June in conjunction with Patio Playhouse's Plays in the Park summer season preview. This fantastic community event included an art sculpting competition amongst five youth teams, interactive activities for all ages, educational information, a picnic area, raffle, refreshments, face painting, photo booth, and the live theatre preview shows from Patio Playhouse. Event location varies each year.
- Art in the Garden happens in conjunction with the Escondido Grand Ave Festival on the 3rd Sundays of May and October in historic downtown Escondido. One of the top goals of MAGEC was to create a local art show and the Grand Ave Festival provides the perfect opportunity to do that! Art in the Garden is an art show with many talented local artists in Heritage Garden at the corner of Grand Ave and Juniper St. This event showcases artists with diverse mediums in a beautiful setting in the midst of a fun street festival. You can meet and shop with the artists, and enjoy live music and festival food. There is also kids arts activities and games sponsored by the Escondido Arts Partnership!
For more information about MAGEC, email MAGECesco@gmail.com
- Art Tradition Gallery
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Distinction Gallery / ArtHatch
- EcoVivarium Living Museum
- Escondido Art Association - Artists' Gallery
- Escondido Arts Partnership Municipal Gallery
- Escondido History Center & Museum
- Escondido Public Library
- Escondido Historic Walking Tours
- Modern Maker Market
- Patio Playhouse Community & Youth Theatre
- Queen Califia's Magical Circle
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
- Spiritivity Paint & Sip Studio
- Stone & Glass Studio & Gallery
- The Photographer's Eye: A Creative Collective
- Art 120 Grand
- A Ship in the Woods
- Gemstone Gallery
- Joe's Glass Shack Art Glass Studio
- Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead
For more information about Escondido's thriving arts and museums, whether it's a 2nd Saturday or not...
go to 2nd Saturday Arts & Culture Experiences!