Welcome to Escondido’s 2nd Saturday Arts & Culture Experiences… a uniquely creative experience comprised of many different events includes the wondrously eclectic art galleries of Escondido’s historic downtown and as well as interactive arts, theatre, museums and historical and educational experiences all around the area… and all throughout the day. Bring the kids, enjoy a date night, or a friends afternoon out… there’s something for everyone!
Check out our Calendar of Events for more details on the Opening Receptions and other events happening on 2nd Saturdays.
For more information on each location, please link to their websites below. Cheers!
- The Photographer’s Eye: A Creative Collective – NEW!
- Art Tradition Gallery
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Distinction Gallery / ArtHatch
- EcoVivarium Living Museum
- Escondido Art Association – Artists’ Gallery
- Escondido Arts Partnership Municipal Gallery
- Escondido History Center & Museum
- Escondido Public Library
- Escondido Historic Walking Tours
- Patio Playhouse Community & Youth Theatre
- Queen Califia’s Magical Circle
- Roynon Museum of Earth Science and Paleontology
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- Spiritivity Paint & Sip Studio
- Stone & Glass Studio & Gallery
- Public Art Downtown Self-Guided Walking Tour (pdf)
Great Places to Eat and Drink!
- Burger Bench
- Cute Cakes Bakery & Cafe
- The Grand Tea Room
- Vinz Wine Bar
- A Delight of France Bistro & Bakery
- Sunny Side Kitchen
- H Brothers (Facebook)
- SIP Wine & Beer
- Forgotten Barrel Winery
- Belle Marie Winery
- Vesper Vineyards – Urban Winery
- BK Cellars Urban Winery & Tasting Lounge
About MAGEC – Museums & Arts Growing Escondido Culture:
Escondido’s thriving museums and arts community has come together in an informal group with the purpose of collaborating to grow and develop the goals of its participants by promoting Escondido’s vibrant Arts, Heritage and Educational Culture.
Cultural and Heritage Tourism is an important part of our local economy, our community’s quality of life and our visitors’ experience. This is a group of businesses and nonprofits, that are open to the public, and comprised of art galleries, studios, museums, theaters, educational venues and arts oriented businesses who are dedicated to actively promoting cultural and heritage tourism, network, create co-op programs, and collaborate to build their businesses and in turn enhance the quality of life for those visiting, working, and living in Escondido.
One of MAGEC’s first priorities was to revitalize and expand the long-standing tradition of a 2nd Saturday arts experience, which now offers activities all day at venues all throughout the community.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-839-4777.
Other MAGEC participants: