The wide variety of courses to choose from makes playing eighteen holes in Escondido easy! With great choices like The Vineyard at Escondido and its spectacular views or playing a game of 3-par with friends at Reidy Creek Golf Course – relaxing outside has never been more enjoyable. Your day on any of these beautiful courses will be one to remember!
If golf isn’t your thing, Escondido has a wide variety of sports and outdoor activities available to you. Explore this incredible list of options and Enjoy Escondido!
- Castle Creek Country Club, Golf
- Eagle Crest Golf Club
- Meadow Lake Golf Club
- Reidy Creek Golf Course
- The Vineyard at Escondido Golf Course
- Welk Resort - Golf Course
- Bates Nut Farm
- Daley Ranch – walking, hiking, equestrian trails
- Del Dios Highlands Preserve – walking/hiking trails, mountain biking, equestrian
- East Valley Community Center
- Escondido Recreation Center
- Escondido Sports Center
- Felicita County Park – walking/hiking trails, picnic, horseshoes, volleyball
- Grape Day Park – playground, History Center, historic buildings, museum
- Old Escondido Historic District – walking tour, beautiful historic homes back to mid 1880s
- Ice-Plex – hockey and ice skating
- James A. Stone Municipal Swimming Pool
- Keys Creek Lavender Farm – May-June
- Kit Carson Park – walking/hiking trails, disc golf, playgrounds, picnic, softball, lots to do!
- Niki de Saint Phalle’s Queen Califia’s Magical Circle (currently closed for renovation)
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Dieguito River Park - hiking trails
- San Pasqual Battlefield
- The Ranch at Bandy Canyon
- Trapeze High Escondido
- Washington Park Pool
Escondido is also host to a wide variety of youth and adult sports tournaments in our beautiful parks and sports venues.
2014 Sports Tournament Schedule
Outdoor Recreation – Lakes
– With three lakes circling Escondido the options for outdoor recreation are endless. Mountain bike, hike, or walk the trails of Dixon Lake and Daley Ranch. Use the equestrian trails at Daley Ranch (near Dixon Lake) and Del Dios Highlands Preserve (near Lake Hodges). Enjoy a relaxing hike on the San Dieguito water trail surrounding Lake Hodges. Or rent a boat and go fishing on the placid surface of Lake Wohlford. Use the equestrian trails at Daley Ranch (near Dixon Lake) and Del Dios Highlands Preserve (near Lake Hodges).
Enjoy the simple pleasures nature has to offer!