Escondido has a wide variety of sports, indoor and outdoor activities available to you. In addition to fantastic golf courses, we have excellent venues for soccer, hockey, ice skating, footgolf, disc golf, fishing, hiking, biking, equestrian, historic parks and neighborhoods, and so much more… we even have a trapeze school! Explore this incredible list of options and Enjoy Escondido!
Our amazing year-around weather and easy access via car and transit options, makes Escondido the best place to meet up with your friends to enjoy the recreation activity you love to do! Explore.Experience.Enjoy!
- Castle Creek Country Club, Golf
- Eagle Crest Golf Club
- Boulder Oaks Golf Club
- Reidy Creek Golf & Foot Courses
- The Vineyard at Escondido Golf Course
- Welk Resort – Golf & Foot Golf Courses
- Kit Carson Park – Disc Golf Course
- Interactive San Diego Regional Bike Map
- Bates Nut Farm
- Daley Ranch – walking, hiking, biking, equestrian trails
- Daley Ranch Monthly Guided Hikes Schedule
- Del Dios Highlands Preserve – walking/hiking trails, mountain biking, equestrian
- East Valley Community Center
- Escondido Recreation Center
- Escondido Sports Center
- Felicita County Park – walking/hiking trails, picnic, horseshoes, volleyball
- Grape Day Park – playground, History Center, historic buildings, museum
- Old Escondido Historic District – walking tour, beautiful historic homes back to mid 1880s
- Ice-Plex – hockey and ice skating
- James A. Stone Municipal Swimming Pool
- Keys Creek Lavender Farm – May-June
- Kit Carson Park – walking/hiking trails, disc golf, playgrounds, picnic, softball, lots to do!
- La Jolla Zip Zoom Zipline
- Lake Hodges Pedestrian/Bicycle Suspension Bridge
- Niki de Saint Phalle’s Queen Califia’s Magical Circle
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Dieguito River Park – hiking trails
- San Pasqual Battlefield State Historic Park
- Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead
- The Ranch at Bandy Canyon
- Trapeze High Escondido
- Washington Park Pool
Escondido is also host to a wide variety of youth and adult sports tournaments in our beautiful parks and sports venues.
2017 Sports Tournament Schedule
Outdoor Recreation – Lakes
– With three lakes circling Escondido the options for outdoor recreation are endless. Mountain bike, hike, or walk the trails of Dixon Lake and Daley Ranch. Use the equestrian trails at Daley Ranch (near Dixon Lake) and Del Dios Highlands Preserve (near Lake Hodges). Enjoy a relaxing hike on the San Dieguito water trail surrounding Lake Hodges. Or rent a boat and go fishing on the placid surface of Lake Wohlford. Use the equestrian trails at Daley Ranch (near Dixon Lake) and Del Dios Highlands Preserve (near Lake Hodges).
Enjoy the simple pleasures nature has to offer!