51st Annual Independence Day Celebration!
July 4, 2014
Friday, July 4, 2014, 4pm
Grape Day Park & The Center
This time-honored annual 4th of July celebration invites the community for a festive afternoon of family fun in the park, beginning at 4:00pm. Attended by 20,000 people each year, the event includes food vendors (see below) and a community art sale (from 4:00-7:00pm). There will also be more free children’s activities including face painting, feather hair extensions, and airbrush tattoos.
Escondido's annual July 4th fireworks display in Grape Day Park has delighted young and old alike with its spectacular displays and wholesome family entertainment. It has become an intrinsic part of our shared community heritage and has been instrumental in encouraging patriotism and instilling a love of our great nation into the hearts of our children.
Pack a picnic, grab a blanket and head to Grape Day Park on July 4 for a fun-filled, star-spangled celebration!
The night will conclude with a special performance by the 1st Marine Division Band, and a dazzling fireworks display on the Center’s Great Green, set to begin at approximately 9:00 p.m.
We hope that you enjoy the 51st Annual Independence Day Celebration and let it serve as a reminder of all whom have dedicated their lives to preserve the freedom and liberty we have today!
- American Legion Post 149 (Hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos, nachos)
- Big Dev’s Downhome BBQ (Pulled pork, pulled chicken, sausages, beef franks, spicy rice and beans)
- CCAE Concessions (Popcorn, pizza, cookies, chips, tamales, candy)
- El Guadalajara’s Mexican Food (Tacos, burritos, super nachos, quesadillas, rice and beans)
- Kona Ice of Escondido (Shaved ice and ice cream treats)
- Pop’N Mama (Funnel cakes and frozen lemonade)
- Pop’N Mama (French fries and fruit slushies/smoothies, Frozen mocha javas, and iced teas)
- Wild West Kettle Korn (Kettle corn)
For updated information visit California Center for the Arts, Escondido
Please note for everyone's safety - do not bring BBQs, alcohol, pets, pop-up tents and tall chairs should to the park.