This fantastic collection of diverse cultural experiences still includes the wondrously eclectic art galleries of Escondido’s historic downtown and has grown to include arts, theater, museums and historical and educational experiences all around the area… and all throughout the day. Bring the kids, enjoy a date night, or a girls night out… there’s something for everyone!
Check out our Calendar of Events for more details on the Opening Receptions and other events happening on 2nd Saturdays.
Download a printable PDF of the Participants List and Walking Map
For more information on each location, please link to their websites below. Cheers!
- Art 120 Grand
- Art Tradition Gallery
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Distinction Gallery / ArtHatch
- EcoVivarium Living Museum
- Escondido Art Association – Artists’ Gallery
- Escondido Arts Partnership Municipal Gallery
- Escondido History Center & Museum
- Escondido Public Library
- Joe’s Glass Shack
- Patio Playhouse Community & Youth Theatre
- Queen Califia’s Magical Circle
- Roynon Museum of Earth Science and Paleontology
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- Spiritivity Paint & Sip Studio
- Stone & Glass Studio Gallery
- The Dive Gallery
- Public Art Downtown Self-Guided Walking Tour (pdf)
Great Places to Eat and Drink!
- Burger Bench
- Cute Cakes
- Stone Brewing
- The Grand Tea Room
- Vinz Wine Bar
- A Delight of France Bistro & Bakery
- SIP Wine & Beer
- Jacked Up Brewery
- Belle Marie Winery
- Vesper Vineyards – Urban Winery
- BK Cellars Urban Winery & Tasting Lounge
About MAGEC – Museums & Arts Growing Escondido Culture:
Escondido’s thriving museums and arts community has come together in an informal group with the purpose of collaborating to grow and develop the goals of its participants by promoting Escondido’s vibrant Arts, Heritage and Educational Culture.
Cultural and Heritage Tourism is an important part of our local economy, our community’s quality of life and our visitors’ experience. This is a group of businesses and nonprofits, that are open to the public, and comprised of art galleries, studios, museums, theaters, educational venues and arts oriented businesses who are dedicated to actively promoting cultural and heritage tourism, network, create co-op programs, and collaborate to build their businesses and in turn enhance the quality of life for those visiting, working, and living in Escondido.
One of MAGEC’s first priorities was to revitalize and expand the long-standing tradition of a 2nd Saturday arts experience, which now offers activities all day at venues all throughout the community.
For more information email email@example.com or call 760-839-4777.
Other MAGEC participants:
- A Ship in the Woods
- Gemstone Gallery
- Public Art Commission
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- Sikes Adobe Historic Farmstead